Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday- June 18

Today, we accomplished quite a bit of work. I was very glad that we had the opportunity to work with our groups as well as look more closely at voicethread. It was great to hear all of the things that Mr. Vrotny is doing with his students. I got quite a few ideas of things that I would like to try with my students next year. I am really interested in perhaps doing some things with the elections that are coming up. Perhaps we could interview candidates, other adults, etc. concerning the issues. Then have the children create (and respond to) voicethreads with their opinions on the issues. What a great collaborative tool.
Very excited about voicethread.
I also had a great time using Garageband today. I have only had the opportunity to use this tool one other time and I really enjoyed it then, but today, I had the opportunity to get into using it in much more depth. I can really see what a great tool this would be for the students. Although we only have PCs at school, I could still use Audacity to create podcasts. So much technology, so little time...
T

No comments: