Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday- June 19

Today, Seth and I created an iMovie for our project. I have had the opportunity to create so many different types of products during this course. Actually using these digital tools really helps build my confidence as well as gives me many ideas of projects that can be done in the classroom.

We also had the opportunity to visit TEAM. I was simply amazed by the amount of data that they stored as well as the speed with which they were able to help the flodd vistims secure their data. As I watched the video, I thought it was a great video to help sell their product. However, I am not so convinced that the security is as tight as they make theri customers believe. Yes, It would be very difficult to get into the center and access the data, but the extra layers of security were little more than a high fence to climb. The climate control of the building was very impressive. However, I was surprised that the actual data wasn't kept below ground to protect from tornados. The video said it could withstand an F4, but wasn't Parkersburg and F5?? All and all the trip was very interesting.

Back to the iMovie! The more I use a MAC, the more convinced I am that this is what I need to get. I love Garageband and iMovie, these programs are so easy to use and make alot of sense. I like that I can run it on both the windows and the OS side. Sounds like the best of both worlds. Finally, those MAC commercials make more sense to me. Macs seem to be more fun, while PCs are more work driven.

Check out our cool video!
T

No comments: