Sunday, June 22, 2008

Final Course Reflection

This course has taught me a lot about new technologies that are available for me to use with my class. I loved the presentations and got lots of new ideas about how to implement digital tools into my current curriculum. What I loved most about this course was the hands on use of many digital tools I had never experienced before. This allowed me to not only understand the technology myself, but also how to help the children I teach and the colleauges that I work with to understand it better as well. I could definately see myself taking the in-service that we created back to my school to help others understand the importance of implementing digital tools into their current curriculum. We must allow our children to use their digital intelligence to its full potential by working it into what we need them to learn.
I will be contacting our district technology person to see if we can remove the filter for a blog are like 21 classes. What a great tool that has protection built in for the children. Next year, I will also be using Google Docs and pushing my team to use them in collaborative ways. It is up to me to help get this technology into my school. I am ready for the challenge!
Theressa

Live with Courage- Teach with Vision- Dr. Leigh Zeitz

No comments: