Friday, June 13, 2008

A Little off Subject

Work for Emerging Instructional Technology-
My professor at University of Northern Iowa has been conducting class using 3 different mediums at the same time. He asked that we blog about our experience. So here goes!
When you do the math, 1+1+1= confusion! I really enjoy using all three of the mediums, which include Me Beam, Second Life, and a Chat Room, but when we try to use them all it gets very confusing. Of all the mediums, I prefer either Second Life (because it is just plain fun) or Me Beam (because I get to see and talk to everyone). Seeing and talking to people online makes seems like a much better way to create a learning community. There is just something about hearing peoples voices and seeing their facial expressions that helps me as a learner. Although I have used all of these mediums before, I am definitely a digital immigrant. I do not use them very fluently and still have trouble navigating around SL. But when you put all three of them together, I feel like I end up missing half of the conversation.
I hope you have enjoyed my ramble!
T

No comments: